Monday 5 November 2012

Tag | Why Do You Wear Make Up

    Image from Weheart it (edited by moi!..if only I owned some YSL lippie!)

Hello Lovelies!

I've seen this tag floating around a lot of blogs lately and its become one of my favourites to read, it's nice to get an insight into different peoples backgrounds of make-up and of how their obsessions began. I tag everyone who reads this to do this tag, please link it below because I love reading them!

1. When did you begin loving make-up?
I was always intrigued by make-up. When I was in secondary school I would always beg my mum to let me do her make-up and bless her she would always sit there patiently while I quite literally painted her face in make-up. I was obsessed with bright lipsticks so she would usually end up looking like she got in a fight with a box of crayolas..(sorry mum!) I didnt really start wearing make-up myself until I was about 15 or 16/ I started wearing foundation (the Maybellline moose one...shudder) and black eyeliner - lots of eyeliner! Since then I hope I've gotten a bit better at choosing and applying make-up...but the obsession is still definitely there!

2. How do you feel without make-up?
I don't feel horribly bad with no make-up on, but I wouldnt choose to go out with none on! When I'm at home I happily toddle around with a bare face and my hair in a top knot (attractive let me tell you!) But if I know someone is coming around or if I need to go to the shop I'd have to put on a little foundation and mascara. Hopefully one day I will be able to embrace the bare face!

3. What do you like about make-up?
I love how confident make-up can make a person. Make-up can have very different meanings for different people and it can mean alot more for some people. To me it would take something as simple as some mascara or false eyelashes to give me a confidence boost but to some people make up could cover up a scar they may have been bullied about and give them the confidence to leave the house. It really is amazing that make up can bring someone so much confidence and happiness. 

4. Three Holy Grail Items-

MAC-Omega Eyeshadow
This definitely does not look like much in the pan, but I have gotten so many uses for this little beauty. I use it for my everyday eyeshadow, filling in my eye brows and I also use it for contouring my non-existant cheek-bones!

Benefits They're Real Mascara
This has been a perminit resident in my make-up bag for nearly a year now. It gives my lashes amazing length that they really need. Plus I could not tell you how many times people have asked me was I wearing falsies (I wasn't) so it really lives up to its name!

NARS Laguna
Yes I know you are probably sick of hearing me harp on about this over and over again but I promise it is all completely justified! This stuff is a god-send, I don't know how I didn't own it earlier in my "make-up" life but I have now and there is no going back!

I hope you enjoyed reading my answers to this tag, don't forget to link me to your post if you have done it too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment