Wednesday 25 February 2015

L'oreal Infallible 24hr Matte Foundation

 

Now you all know that I am not one to reach for the matte foundations, but lately after a browse of the stands in Boots I spotted this new release from L'oreal. I had heard good reviews of the original Infallible foundation but never tried it, but for some reason I decided to pick up the Matte version. I have been coming to the end of my beloved Sheer Glow and just wanted to try some alternatives from the "drugstore" to see what was on offer. The L'oreal stand was on 2 for €18 so I decided to pick up this and the True Match foundation (which I can also do a review on if you'd like)

After trialing this out I have come to the conclusion that the name is not the best description of it. I straight away thought of a very matte, powdery finish but I actually don't find it to be completely matte on the skin at all. I would say it gives a natural look to the skin, I still need to powder this to keep it in place and to get rid of excess shine. I picked mine up in the shade Natural Rose - normally any foundation with the word Rose in the shade name would have me running for the hills but this one seems to have quite a  neutral undertone and doesn't leave me looking overly pink. I have been using this as my go too foundation for the past couple of days especially and have found it to last really well throughout the day. My history with drugstore foundations has never been good when it comes to lasting power. I normally find that they wear off in the t-zone very quickly which is one of the reasons I love Nars Sheer Glow so much-because it does last on me all day. I have gotten a good 8hrs with this foundation without any touch-ups throughout the day. 


I would say that this foundation is definitely on the heavier side of coverage. I don't need to apply much concealer with this, only just under the eyes to hide the dark circles! I use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to apply this, (surprise surprise!) once applied it does look a little heavy on my skin at first but once it settles in after a few minutes it just seems to adapt to my skin a little better and it just looks lovely and gives a very natural look to the skin. I love the fact that it comes in a tube too, that way you can really get every last drop from it!

This is available from Boots so if you like the sound of it I recommend you give it a go! Its not available online yet but check out your local stands to see if it has reached them yet!

7 comments:

  1. This sounds great! The colour looks perfect too, I am the same as you and would be wary about the name 'rose'! x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good, might have to try it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds right up my street :) my skin is normal/oily at the moment so something mattifying which still gives a natural glow sounds perfect! Amazing review :)
    Bea x
    As Seen By Bea

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been wanting to purchase this, but still not too sure what shade to get, but i'm glad i've seen your review on it, i'd love to see a review on the true match foundation too :) thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the original Infallible (their more recent version), and this one sounds interesting too, a lot more than I though as I was expecting something really mat and powdery too but it doesn't seem the case! :) xx
    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think i'm going to give this a go, I'm a massive fan of No7 beautifully matte but this also sounds good and it's half the price!

    Jade x
    Girl Up North | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanting to try this for a while, but also thought it would be too matte for me! Lovely review :)xx

    http://www.lalaldn.co.uk

    ReplyDelete