Wednesday 10 September 2014

Sick Day Essentials



So you might have heard that this week I am abit under the weather. (Its not like I've mentioned it on twitter a million times, worst patient ever!) I haven't been feeling right for about a week now. But since I still have to go about my normal day and am still expected to look human I decided to share with you the products I have been reaching for this past week to try and help me look that I am still functioning - even though underneath I am a pale, shivering mess.

YSL | Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation
I have been trying to give my skin as much glow and moisture as possible because it is definitely looking a little worse for wear. So of course I have been reaching for the foundation with the serious "glow-factor". I love this foundation because it gives you such a natural, healthy looking glow which is exactly what my poor skin needs at the moment. It doesn't feel heavy on my skin as the day goes on and it is relatively long lasting (although after blowing your nose a couple of times you might need to top up to avoid looking like Rudolf!)

The Balm | Mary Lou Manizer
Following on from the glow-giving foundation, I have been piling on the highlighter. The one I have been loving this past week is the Mary Lou Manizer from The Balm. Now I have heard so so many reviews and ravings about this highlighter and I just never believed the hype. I ordered it on a bit of  a whim last week and have been using it solid since it arrived. It is safe to say the hype is definitely true. Where has this been all my life?! It is the most amazingly pigmented highlighter I have ever used. It is not glittery and just gives your skin a very "Hollywood Glow" look without looking like you dipped your head in grease!

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner | Nude
This eyeliner is the most well-loved in my collection. When I am sick my contacts feel so uncomfortable and my eyes always tend to go red and puffy. So during the day when it is socially unacceptable to go around with pieces of cucumber on my eyes I have been carrying around my nude eyeliner instead. It is perfect for cancelling out any redness and giving you a wide-eyed, well rested look that you may not have achieved by sleep.

NUXE | Reve de Miel Lipbalm
Finally to keep the chapped lips at bay I have my tub of Reve de Miel with me. This is the lipbalm that puts all others to shame. It gives my lips such amazing moisture that I have never gotten from anything else. It is a seriously heavy-duty lipbalm. It has a matte finish which is unusual for a lipbalm but it feels lovely and velvety on the lips and stays on for ages!

So those are my "sick day" products, along with plenty of Kleenex and paracetamol! Let me know what products you would use if you are feeling a little under the weather! (PS the tissues in the pictures are not used, promise!)


1 comment:

  1. I always try to pretend I'm fine and do my makeup as usual... But I try to keep it even lighter to avoid the contrast with the rudolph noise! Hope you're getting better quickly ;) xx

    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete