Tuesday, 2 September 2014

August Beauty Favourites





I know I say this every month, but seriously how fast did the past month go? I have tried a lot of new products this month and done a lot of shopping, but I did manage to whittle down my picks to 5 products. Keeping it short and sweet this month! 



Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray
I have previously tried the All Nighter spray and was so impressed with it I repurchased both that and the De-Slick spray. I purchased the De-Slick for my cousins wedding this month as I hoped it would help reduce shine and prolong my makeup of course. I used a couple of sprays over my makeup on the morning of the wedding and my makeup lasted all day and night until I removed it myself. I did find the spray helped reduce excess shine without making my skin feel tight or dry. If you have overly oily skin I would recommend you give this ago!

NARS Deep Throat
I fell in love with this blush when I got the One Night Stand palette, so much so that I bought it in a single pan. I have worn it almost everyday this month. Deep Throat is a coral, pink with a touch of golden shimmer running through it. It is the most perfect Summer-time blusher, with a tan it looks amazing! It has definitely got a cult status for a reason and has fast become a holy grail blush of mine!



Chanel Chance Perfume
My mum gave me this perfume towards the start of the month and I have been using it more liberally than I would have liked. It is a very citrus-y scent and so light. It is very light and refreshing and one of the most perfect scents for the Summer (can you sense a theme in these favourites?) Plus everyone needs a bit of Chanel in their lives!

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation
I have already proclaimed my love for this foundation many times but I thought once more wouldn't hurt. This month I repurchased a bottle of my regular shade Monte Blanc and I bought a new shade Fiji which is darker so it would suit my skin better when I am tanned. I wore this for the wedding this month and I was so happy with how my skin looked in the pictures. It looked really natural and there was no flashback in any pictures.



 Smashbox Full Exposure Palette 
Now this is a bit of a cheat because I only bought it the last week in August but I have used it everyday since. The top row are all shimmery shades and the bottom are all matte. There is every colour in it for both day and night time looks. The shadows are all amazing quality, really pigmented, buttery and blend so easily. If you would like to see a full review on this please let me know!

So those are my top picks for the past month, all very Summery picks and I am really excited about the colder months arriving and the darker colours trickling into my makeup. 


7 comments:

  1. I literally need everything from your favourites. Deep throat is such a pretty colour! xx

    Coleoftheball

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need all of those, that palette looks amazing x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant picks danielle! the palette looks so good - and your nails are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Smashbox palette is so freaking pretty. Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Full review on the palette huni xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That palette has been in my wish list for months but I haven't decided yet if I want to buy it or not. It looks amazing! Love the Nars blush, I fell in love with it from the palette too ;) xx

    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete