Tuesday 8 July 2014

What's in my Make-Up Bag


I have posted quite abit about all my latest make-up loves but I feel alot of the time we spend so much time writing about the latest additions to our make-up collection that some of our old reliables get forgotten about. So I thought I would show you what I have in my make-up bag at the moment and what products I use on a day to day basis. 


Base

 

For my base on a day to day basis I can not go without my beloved NARS Sheer Glow foundation. I picked this up earlier in the year and am on my second bottle at the moment. It gives a gorgeous natural finish, not to heavy but still giving decent coverage. It lasts really well throughout the day. To go along side that I have my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, I'm not as devoted to this as I am the foundation but I really enjoy using this for under my eyes and on any red marks that are hanging around after a blemish. If I want some serious under-eye brightening I have one product that instantly makes me look wide-eyed and bushy-tailed and that is the YSL Touche Eclat. Pile this on, on a Monday morning and it's like the weekend never happened! For the blemishes I have my Seventeen Phwoarr Paint concealer. As much as I hate the name of this I love the concealer a million times more. It is seriously heavy duty stuff and covers a multitude of sins! To set this all in place is a newbie to my make-up bag called the Maybelline Matte Maker, as the name would suggest it is a mattifying powder. I don't love this as much as my Bourjois Healthy Balance powder but I'm going to use it up before I repurchase that.


Cheeks

A recent addition to my life is the NARS One Night Stand palette, which is something I have been on the hunt for since it sold out last October/November. I eventually found one on Depop and I haven't been able to use anything else since. It has everything I could ever need for any type of look - including bronzer and highlighter! Before I got my hands on it I was using the Bourjois Nude Velvet cream blush for a nice neutral everyday look. So easy to apply and never looks too much! For highlighters the No.7 Instant Radiance highlighter is just always in my make-up bag, I use it at least 50% of the time if not more, it is so beautiful on the cheekbones and just gives a gorgeous glow to the skin. If I really want to have that glowy, bronzed look I use my Seventeen Wow Tan Liquid Gold mixed in with my foundation. It adds a nice warmth to the face which is good if I have a bit of tan on.


Eyes

I have two newbies and two oldies in the eye category. For the oldies they are the Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliners in Nude and Bronze. Pretty self explanatory additions to the make-up bag, one for a bit of definition and the other to help brighten my eyes. For winged eyeliner I have the new They're Real Push-Up Liner from Benefit. I have a full review coming on this but it has made doing winged eyeliner so much easier and quicker in the mornings! For mascara is the Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde mascara - yes the one with the funny wand. It has a mixture of bristles and balls on the wand and this mixture of the different shapes helps apply mascara to every lash giving great length and volume!



Eyeshadow/Eyebrows

For eyeshadow itself I always have my Urban Decay Basics palette thrown in there. It is such a good palette to have for an everyday neutral look plus if you want to add other colours to it you can but at least with this you have a good basis to start off on. Mine is very well loved and I think it might be time to buy another one! For under this I use the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. It really helps my eyeshadow go on smoother and really helps it last throughout the day! I have been loving the Sleek Eyebrow Stylist the past couple of weeks, it has a spoolie on one end and a waxy pencil on the other to fill in your brows with. To set this in place I use my MUA Clear Mascara.


Lips

Considering how much I love lip products I am pretty self restrained as to how many I have in my make-up bag (you should see my handbag!) My lipbalm of choice is the Nuxe Reve de Miel in stick form- just as good as the pot version but easier to carry around! I have my MAC Naked Lip Liner which is just the most perfect neutral lip liner I have found. I wear this on its own, with a lipstick or a lip gloss on top. The NYX Butter Glosses have been my new found love. The one I have in my make-up bag at the moment is Eclair which is a gorgeous cool toned pink, but I also love Creme Brulee if I want a neutral option. If I want a bold lip I have my NARS Red Square matte pencil, an orange toned red that is super long lasting and really easy and quick to apply. 

So that is the contents of my current make-up bag, I may add new items from time to time but the majority of things stay the same. What is your current favourite product in your make-up bag old or new?


7 comments:

  1. That is a super cute makeup bag! I carry around 1 makeup item and that's the Clarins Lip Perfector in #5. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the seventeen concealer, it's some seriously heavy stuff :)

    https://books-and-memories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phwoaar Paint is so great! Such a pretty make-up bag! :)
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh I want all this makeup!

    Hunni of TIFFANYXOXO.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your makeup bag! The Nars One Night Stand palette looks amazing x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete