Tuesday 3 February 2015

Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection | 301 Flat Contour


I'm sure that you have all heard at this stage that Real Techniques have released a new line of brushes. Still sold in Boots but they are a more luxury line compared to the originals. More luxurious also means more expensive. There is a dramatic price difference in this line with some brushes going up as far as €32 for one, compared to €29.99 for four originals. But as soon as I laid eyes on the flat contour brush I knew I needed it in my life, plus it's rose gold- you all know I love a bit of rose gold in my life! 

I have nothing like this brush in my collection, but I have seen similar ones and have been interested in trying them. I love contouring my cheekbones and up until this I have just been using my MAC 109 brush. The bristles on this brush are synthetic like the original which makes it perfect for using with both cream and powder products. I have only used it with powder so far because I am obsessed with using the NYX Blush in "Taupe" for a natural contour. 

On first impressions I found this brush to be ridiculously soft. Possibly one of the softest brushes I own, it was also a lot more dense than I had thought it would be. The barrel of the brush is slightly weighted which makes it all the nicer to hold and to use. It also has little edges down the barrel so that if you leave it on a table it won't roll off - I love little details like that. Plus stating the obvious but it is a gorgeous rose gold colour. Beautiful! Since first using it, I found that since the bristles are so soft it is slightly harder to pick up powder product on them. I'd imagine that cream is a lot easier to pick up but it just takes a little bit more work to get the powder to get onto the brush. Also since the brush is really dense I have found it difficult to blend the product as much as I would like. Those are my two main problems with this brush but despite that I am still really glad I purchased it and find it really handy to have in my collection.

I have since bought the powder brush, I feel that this could be a dangerous addiction! I have actually just ordered the Charlotte Tilbury Powder & Sculpt brush so if you would like to hear my thoughts on that just let me know!


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, I was determined not to get it and then I saw a couple of reviews and wanted it again - definitely not going to get it, I'm not great with very dense powder brushes. I'd love to hear what you think of the Charlotte Tilbury brush & how it compares x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favourite brushes from the collection, it is also great for applying facemasks ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know all about the Charlotte Tilbury blush if you get it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read so many mixed reviews about these brushes, a lot of them negative to be honest. They are very pretty, but I think they are so overpriced :/ x
    ELEANORMAES

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with Real Techniques brushes & don't understand how anyone cannot like them! However I feel like this collection is a bit of a money spinner to be honest! The gold packaging is gorgeous though :) xx
    alicekatex ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really don't know how I feel about these new RT brushes since the reviews are so mixed. I feel like if I was to splurge on one, I would probably buy this one, although I think that for this price, the Zoeva ones, maybe even a set, are better.

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great balanced review, it's a complete beauty but may not get it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah danielle it looks beautiful! i am so tempted to get it, but it's just a tad too expensive for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand what you mean by dangerous, I'd buy them all if I could, the rose gold colour is so pretty!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I'm gonna cave and buy at least one of these brushes!

    ReplyDelete