Sunday 11 May 2014

FOTD | Sunday Face


Hello Lovelies! 

It has been ages since I've done an FOTD post, and truth be told it's because I can never get a photo of my face that I am happy with to show my make up. But today I just wanted to do something different because there has been alot of new additions to my everyday make up routine that I wanted to share.

For my base I have started using an SPF under my make-up as inspired by a recent #irishbbloggers chat! The one that I picked up was the Soap & Glory's Make Yourself Youthful Sunshield Superfluid which is SPF50+. I am planning on doing a full review on this after using it for awhile longer, but on first impressions it is really lovely, non-greasy and you can apply make-up over it no problem. So after that I apply the rest of my base Nars Sheer Glow Foundation (holy grail stuff right there) and the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. I love they way both of these products look on my skin, both offer medium coverage while still looking really natural (I hope!

As for the rest of my face I used the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel (not pictured- oops) to add a bit of colour and definition, and for my cheeks was a newbie to my collection in the form of the Stila Convertable Colour in Gerbera. Again I am planning a whole post on this but I love this product for both my lips and cheeks which is very rare, it applies lovely and leaves a gorgeous glow to the skin so really you could get away without a highlighter but since highlighting is one of my favourite parts of my make up routine I went ahead and applied some of the No.7 Instant Radiance Highlighter anyway. This has become my new Jemma Kidd All Over Radience Cream. I apply a little using my fingers and it just gives the most natural looking highlight to the skin. It is really creamy and applies so easy! A light dusting of Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder and that is my face done.

For my eyes I kept things simple, I popped a little bit of Benefit's Gimme Brow through my brows and left it at that. I've actually dug out my old Inglot quad which I haven't used in forever and decided it was time to show it some love! I used all the matte colours to create a really simple everyday eye look, with some more definition around my lash line. I popped a little bit of the Rimmel Scandleyes eyeliner in Nude on my lash line to make myself look abit brighter-eyed and bushy tailed, and finally for the eyes I added lashings of the No.7 Lash Impact mascara. This mascara is amazing for adding real volume to your lashes. Lastly for my lips I applied a bit of MAC's Pure Zen lipstick which really tied in nicely with my Stila blusher.

So that rounds off my make up for today. I am heading out doing some shopping so I wanted to keep things really simple but just add some colour to my face. Let me know what you think of these kinds of posts and if you like them I can maybe do them once every couple of weeks!  


4 comments:

  1. Love this really natural look :) And it looks like you have some great products there xx

    http://penneychic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look, it's really nice for spring. The lip colour is beautiful, I'm definitely going to have to swatch it next time I'm at mac x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so lovely. Natural looks like this are my favourite.
    And you should definitely keep doing FOTD :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh check out those Nars goodies! Very jealous :)

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete