Saturday 11 July 2015

MAC Burgundy Palette

 
Eyeshadows are one of my favourite make-up products to use and review. They are one of those things that you know straight away whether or not you like it. There are thousands of colours and looks you can go for, but I always seem to go for the same neutral, brown, lightly smokey eye. So when this palette from MAC came through the door I knew it would be the chance to try something different. The shadows I tend to reach for are normally more cool toned where this, as you can see from the pictures is very warm toned 
in comparison to what I am used to. 

This eyeshadow palette is part of the new 9 palette range from MAC. The one I received is the "Burgundy"* palette, but as far as I know there are four different variations to choose from. I think these palettes are so perfect to pop in your make up bag as part of your everyday look. They are so much more compact than the 15 palette, but they still give a decent amount of colours to choose from. The pan sizes are 0.8g which are slightly smaller than the usual MAC 1.5g eyeshadows, but since it's a rare occasion that I hit pan on any eyeshadow this doesn't bother me! I have found these shadows to be just as good quality as the regular sized shadows. They are amazingly pigmented, long-wearing and really easy to work with. Another major bonus with these pre-filled palettes is that all the colours work perfectly together and you can create so many different looks with just the one palette! They have a mixture of both matte and shimmer shades, ranging from light to dark so there will be something to suit every eye look. These palettes are permanent to MAC and would be perfect to pick up if you are either starting out in make-up, or even if you are a make-up artist and needed some shades for your kit-these would be perfect!


Like I mentioned the one I have is in "Burgundy" and the shades included are #Noir, Honey Lush, Quarry, Antiqued, Star Violet, Haux, Embark, Sketch and Poppyseed. This palette can create anything from a nice everyday look to a really smoked up, dramatic eye look.

I'd definitely recommend checking these palettes out if you are in the market for some good quality eyeshadows! They are available online here for €40!


4 comments:

  1. This palette looks so gorgeous, I love every single shade x

    Lauren xx
    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful palette - so many wearable colours and Mac shadows are such great quality too.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in love with this until I saw the size of them, and I have one or two in full size, so I left it. But they're lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful and at a really good price point. Lovely shades for transitioning into Autumn too.

    ReplyDelete