Monday 14 April 2014

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer


 Hello Lovelies! 
If you read my previous posts you'll know I recently purchased the NARS Sheer Glow foundation on a recent trip to Dublin. Now that was a purchase I was planning for awhile but while I was at the counter I made a bold impulse buy. It wasn't my fault I swear! But it just looked so nice when the girl applied it to me and I had heard such amazing reviews I really really wanted it..so I bought it...oops. 
The product in question is of course the much raved about NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (what a mouthful) and I got mine in Light 1 Chantilly which shockingly is the lightest shade they do. I did go a shade lighter because I did want this to be brightening for under my eyes and the shade works brilliantly for this and for blemishes. There are an impressive 10 shades in the range so they really did try and have one to suit everyone. The packaging is the exact same as the "Larger than Life" lipglosses with the usual matte black lid which can tend to get a little grubby after awhile- babywipes at the ready!
 My first impressions of this concealer was that it was very similar to the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer which I loved for a long time but evenutally had to stop using because it was just starting to look too heavy and cakey on my skin. This concealer on the other hand has brilliant coverage, from dark circles to horrible red blemishes it covers it all while still feeling and looking light on the skin. The formula of this concealer is exactly what the title says- creamy. Under the eyes it feels lovely and moisturising and doesn't settle into those pesky lines, it is also brightening without being shimmery which is great as you can use it for both under the eyes and on blemishes. 
On blemishes it never looks cakey or like there is too much on. One thing I've learnt with this concealer is that little goes a long way, it is amazingly pigmented that you only need a tiny amount to start off with and if needed it is very easy to build up. I apply two dots under each eye and blend and if I have any blemishes one dot of the concealer and they are hidden away from the world! It is amazingly blendable and once it sets it does not budge! 
I am so glad I did buy this concealer, it really is a brilliant all rounder! You can buy it online here. Have you tried this concealer? What are your thoughts on it?

7 comments:

  1. I've been wanting this for so long! Might have to buy it now I've read this! xx
    emilyfayeslittleworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to try this and the Sheer Glow foundation but have never actually gotten round to purchasing it. Great review :)
    Becka | This Is My World

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm yet to try this concealer but it always looks so amazing on other people! I think I'll add it to my birthday wishlist :)
    Bea x

    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'v been trying soooo hard to not buy this because I don't really need a new concealer but damn it, it will be mine come payday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too think its a similar consistency to the Collection concealer but the Nars one is soooo much better!

    http://www.chelsealeigh.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agh I want this so much! I don't think I have a NARS counter near me though so will have to wait :-( Would prefer to get properly colour matched xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh this sounds so amazing, I definitely find that the Collection concealer ends up looking too heavy and cakey round the eye area and settles into fine lines, I'll be trying this out when I'm near a NARS counter! xx

    Kat from Blushing Rose Beauty

    ReplyDelete