Thursday 27 June 2013

Hydro Care Serum



Hello Lovelies!

You all know at this stage if you have read my blog for any length of time that I love my skin care. I may even stretch to say that I prefer taking my makeup off than to putting it on sometimes. But once I find something I like I stick to it. I know a lot of people like to try out different products and chop and change their skincare regularly, but I really don't do that. To be completely honest I am slightly afraid of trying new skincare incase it doesn't have the desired effect and causes something unpleasant to appear on my face! I have normal/combination skin which is prone to the odd (frequent) breakout, but lately my skin has been becoming a lot dryer (maybe it's the warmer weather?) and I've noticed some serious dry patches appearing which I do not like one bit! 

So you can imagine my delight when I was given the opportunity to test out HydroCare's Serum. Before this I had never used a serum in my skincare routine but I was always intrigued. When I recieved this in the post I honestly say my skin was at the worst it's been in a long while. I had dry flaky patches on my cheeks (where I never normally get dry skin) and we won't even go into detail about what was going on on my chin! So I was instantly putting this to the test! It says on the website that this serum makes the skin feel firm and hydrated, and I was looking for hydration and lots of it! I started to use this every second night just after my toner and before my moisturiser and I was using it in conjunction with my Bioderma Hydrabio Masque. 

To cut a long (dry) story short, my skin cleared up in a week. I was amazed at the difference it made! The dryness has gone completely and my skin is back to normal again thank heavens! They also say that this can be used as a primer and I have tried it this way and found it quite similar to my Nivea Express Hydration primer (which I was also layering on in the mornings..I needed all the hydration I could get!) in the length of time it helped my makeup last. The only thing I don't like about this product is the smell. It's really really sweet and normally I hate putting overly fragranced products on my face but I was desperate and it worked so all is well! I am so grateful for this product and I will continue to use it because I certainly do not want any repeats of what happened! 

The HydroCare Serum is available to purchase online here. Please let me know if you have any other products you use when your skin needs that little bit of moisture back! 


10 comments:

  1. I'm the same as you I love my skincare! I recently have switched out an eye cream and I've had a reaction too it which never happens to me! Gah, so annoying.

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats why I'm always so afraid! I stick with what I know! xx

      Delete
  2. Im might look into this as i dont have anything that i can turn to! I dont have any holy grail products, i havent really invested in skin much (my fault) which is probably why its so horrible lately.

    BlogLovin' | Blog | Facebook
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check this out especially if you have dry skin! xx

      Delete
  3. My skin sounds very similar to yours hun, am glad you have found something that works xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of it at all, but it sounds like a great product x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love using it now haha addicted xx

      Delete
  5. I've never heard if this brand before, but it does sound fab. My skins in a bit of a pickle at the moment sounds like I could do with some of this serum!

    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely hun, if your skin is dry at all you will love this xx

      Delete