Tuesday 8 November 2016

Autumnal Lipsticks


One of the reasons I love the change in seasons so much is that you can get away with wearing deeper, more dramatic lip colours. To be fair I tend to wear whatever shade I want, all year around. But we all seem to gravitate towards a certain colour palette once the leaves start falling. I wanted to give you my top five products that I have been reaching for a lot so far this year, and I feel I will be getting so much use out of in the coming months. 

Kat Von D | Lolita
Even though I bought this in the Summer, it is the most Autumnal shade going. There is a reason why it is almost always sold out and that it is one of her most popular shades. This is a gorgeous warm toned nude. It is very 90's. It is the kind of shade that you can wear during the day or that you can put on for an evening look to amp it up. It dries completely matte but is still comfortable to wear for a long period of time. In my opinion this is is a colour that would really suit majority of skintones, and one that everyone should have in their collection. 

MAC | Whirl
I'm not 100% sure if this was a limited edition lipstick..if it is I'm really sorry. There is a lip liner in the same shade so it would do the same job. This is a darker nude compared to Lolita. It is very much a brown nude. Not to everyones taste, and definitely a more statement lip. Again it is a matte lipstick, which seems to be the look I go for in the colder months. If you can get your hands on this, go and swatch it! 

MAC | Smoked Almond
One of the more recent additions to my collection. It is from the new "Lipintensity" collection that they have recently brought out. I absolutely adore this lipstick formula, and this shade in particular is one that I have been reaching for day to day. It is a pink toned brown and is lighter in shade compared to the previous two. It is the first one I have mentioned that isn't a matte formula. It has a slight sheen to it, and it feels nice and moisturising on the lips- which is essential during the colder months. 

The Balm | Adoring
This was my Christmas shade last year. It is a gorgeous burgundy red shade, which is ideal for the winter months. This is another liquid lipstick that dries down to a matte formula. It has a mint scent to it which is the only thing I don't like about it, it seems so wrong putting something with a mint scent on your lips. It doesn't offer any plumping features so it seems a bit unnecessary. Otherwise this lipstick colour is, in my opinion another essential. Perfect for the festive season! 

NYX | Tiramisu
This is the only gloss in this line-up. I love the NYX Butter Glosses, they have a gorgeous creamy formula with a decent amount of pigmentation. This particular gloss is a very natural look- perfect for throwing on during the day to give a bit of a lift to your make-up. It is a mauve shade that seems to suit any kind of look. They don't last amazingly long but no glosses do. If you are a gloss woman and haven't tried these...get on it!   

If you have any other recommendations for lip products that you like to wear during the colder months please enable me! 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh Tiramisu is pretty! I will have to pick up a few more butter glosses. I want to try the matte versions too x

    ReplyDelete