Tuesday 19 January 2016

MAC | Spellbinder


I recently discovered Jacyln Hill's videos on YouTube (I know, what rock have I been living under?!) and in one of her recent get ready with me videos she used this blush from MAC. It was literally love at first sight, and I had it ordered within the hour. I haven't worn blusher on an everyday basis in the past few weeks - purely because I had fallen out of love with it. I wasn't feeling the plum shades I had been reaching for in the colder months and I felt it was too soon to be breaking out the corals and the pinks. 

In the video this looked so brightening and illuminating on the skin that I did half expect it to turn up and be pure glitter. This was not the case. It is more gorgeous than I thought! I didn't even google swatches of this, I didn't hear anything else about it until I seen Jacyln use it in her video. I just realised I haven't even told you what it is. This is the "Spellbinder" blush from the MAC Faerie Whispers collection. I actually posted about this collection on my Facebook a few days before discovering this blush! The press pictures do not do this blush any justice in my opinion, because in real life this is gorgeous! 

When I first wore this blush, my mum commented on it saying it looked gorgeous. My mum never really notices what I wear on my face, so for her to comment on it the first day I wore it really meant something! On first application this made my skin look healthier and brighter. It is the perfect mix between a coral and a pink shade. It completely brightens up my complexion while still looking subtle and as natural as a pink blush can. It is a satin finish which gives a nice gleam to the skin without any glitter. Add a highlighter on top and it is just perfection. It is very sheer so it is hard to go wrong with it, and it is the most perfect shade for the transition from Winter to Spring.


I'm not sure how much longer this blush is going to be available so if you are eyeing it up definitely snap it up before it leaves counters! It is available from MAC counters and online here.

2 comments:

  1. This looks such a lovely colour and I bet it would suit all skin tones as well x lovely review

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/speakup-living-with-acne-and-how-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely! I only discovered Jaclyn recently too!

    ReplyDelete