Friday, 8 August 2014

Summer Blusher Edit




Blusher in my opinion makes all the difference to a look. It can really brighten up your look and give your skin a much healthier looking glow. I used to only have one blush and stuck with it for years but since my interest in beauty has grown so has my blush drawer so I thought I would share with you my top picks and the ones I reach for the most. I used to be all about the matte finish on my cheeks, but over the past year or so I have been liking a bit more of a sheen on my cheeks and my choices in this post definitely reflect that! If you would have shown me these picks a few years a go I would never in a million years have put them on my cheeks!

MAC Well Dressed
This is my go to blush Summer or Winter I always reach for this. I use it a couple times a week since I got it- which was Christmas two years ago and it still has not hit pan! It is a very sheer blush so if you are looking for a solid block of colour this is definitely not the one for you. It is a gorgeous cool toned pink with a hint of shimmer going through it. Once on the cheeks there is absolutely no glitter to it at all and you would barely notice the shimmer only when the sun hits your cheeks and you get a lovely subtle highlight! It gives such a healthy look to the cheeks and gives a small bit of colour without looking too overdone.

Stila Convertible Colour Gerbera
This is the latest addition to my blush collection and one I had been eying up for a long time. I love cream blushes in the Summer, they’re lightweight, quick and easy to apply and these ones from Stila can be used on lips and on the cheeks. I picked Gerbera up because who doesn’t love a good peachy/coral cheek colour? It looks fabulous with a tan, it is amazingly pigmented and is really longlasting on the cheeks. This is the perfect blush to throw in your handbag for on the go touch-ups. I also love how the colour of the packaging is the same as the colour of the blush – it is the little things!

NARS Deep Throat
It was only recently when I got my NARS “One Night Stand” palette that I first tried the infamous Deep Throat blush. I had almost assumed that I would like it before even getting my hands on it, and I was not wrong! So much so that I went and got it in singular form from the lovely Michelle! This is the perfect deep peach color with a subtle hint of golden shimmer running through it. It is amazingly pigmented though so a little really does go a long way with this one! I have been reaching for this the most the past couple of months since I am that little bit more (false) tanned. If you are thinking of picking up a NARS blusher I would definitely recommend Deep Throat- cringy name aside it is an amazing blusher.

I may do another one of these posts once the Autumn/Winter months set in because I do tend to change up my cheek (and lip) colour once the colder months arrive. Let me know what your favourite blushers are for any time of the year and I may just have to give them a go!


5 comments:

  1. the NARS blusher looks gorgeous but yeah the name is a bit... weird.. haha x

    www.rawrbows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sleek Blushes, such good quality for so little money! :) Yet to try a Nars one myself... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing beats the Stila cream blushes. I love them so much.

    ReplyDelete